To become a psychological scientific institution characterized by Islam and Malayness, capable of education, research and community service in an effort to strengthen the national identity in order to create a university with a spirit and dignity in 2030.
1. Developing psychological science with an Islamic and Malay approach.
2. Preparing undergraduate (S1) Islamic psychology scientists who are reliable in the fields of research, scientific development, problem solving and with a global perspective.
3. Developing collaborative networks with various psychological, educational, training institutions, non-governmental organizations and providing services to other institutions that need them, both local, regional, national and international.
1. Special Purpose (short term objective)
a. Understand the basic knowledge of psychology and observation techniques objectively so that it can interpret human behavior, both individually and in groups according to psychological principles.
b. Carrying out Islamic psychology research that seeks to combine studies of Islamic philosophy, philosophical Sufism and psychology.
c. Shows a responsible sensitivity to the values, processes and social, cultural, religious, political and economic problems that affect human behavior, so that they can interpret behavior in relation to national and regional conditions.
d. Get to know, live and practice the psychological code of ethics which includes scientific, research and professional ethical codes.
2.General Purpose (Long Term Objective)
To produce Islamic psychology scholars who have the spirit of loving the nation and the state as well as Islam, have integrity and scientific and social responsibility in both assignments and scientific experience. Furthermore, the focus of the Islamic Psychology study program, Faculty of Islamic Studies, UMRI is in its function as Agent of Science and Islamic Studies.
Some of the profiles that can be selected from graduates of the Islamic Psychology Study Program are as follows:
1. Psychologist Assistant
2. Staff and Manager of HRD (Human Resources Development)
4. Facilitator and Motivator
6. Independent Businessman
Competence of graduates
The competencies for graduating from the Islamic Psychology study program are as follows:
1. Able to carry out psychologist instructions following the competencies regulated by the Indonesian Psychology Code of Ethics, which includes assessment (observation and interviews), counseling, psychological assistance, and test administration following their authority.
2. Able to carry out the process of recruitment, selection, job counseling, training in the human resource development system (HR), and organizational development.
3. Able to facilitate and carry out development programs (training, outbound, and psychological assistance in the field of psychology for individuals, groups, communities, and organizations.
4. Able to carry out and manage educational activities, teaching, and psychological assistance related to Islamic psychology.
5. Able to establish, develop, and carry out business independently.