The Law study program is the only study program in the Faculty of Law-UMRI, established based on the Decree Number: 09 / E / O / 2014 concerning the implementation of a new study program at Muhammadiyah Riau University by the Minister of Culture and Education of the Republic of Indonesia in June 2014 Then in its implementation, the legal science study program is managed by the Muhammadiyah Association as a Muhammadiyah charity (AUM) which is engaged in education, where the Muhammadiyah Central Leadership is located in Yogyakarta.
Making the Law Study Program have a spirit, dignity in producing integrated human resources and mastering science and technology based on Al-Islam Kemuhammadiyahan in 2025.
1. Integrating Al-Islam and Muhammadiyah into the life of the academic community through Baitul Arqam to all lecturers, employees and students.
2. Organizing quality learning and the identity of human resources which refers to the qualifications of the national framework for higher education.
3. Research in the field of law to improve the quality of education following community needs.
4. Carry out science and technology-based community service in the field of law to empower the community through advocacy (advocacy).
5. Cooperating with government and private institutions in academic matters.
1. To produce graduates who are faithful, pious and have integrity in implementing the development and implementation of Islamic and Muhammadiyah values.
2. Producing graduates who have competence, competitiveness, integrity and professionalism in the field of law through a quality and effective learning process.
3. Producing quality and superior research in the field of law.
4. Produce graduates who have awareness and skill in solving legal problems in society.
5. To establish cooperation with government and private institutions in academic matters.
Job prospects for graduates of the Law Study Program, Faculty of Law, Muhammadiyah Riau University are as follows:
5. Legal Auditor (Legal Officer)
6.Legal Consultant (Legal Advisor)
7.Regulation Drafter (Legal Drafter)
8. Legal Research Assistant
9. Legal Advocacy
Competence of graduates
1. Believe in God Almighty and be able to show a religious attitude and practice the values ??of Al-Islam and Muhammadiyah.
2. Upholding human values ??in carrying out duties based on religion, morals, and ethics.
3. Respect the diversity of cultures, views, religions, and beliefs as well as the original opinions or findings of others.
1. Able to demonstrate independent, quality, and measurable performance.
2. Able to make decisions appropriately in the context of solving legal problems according to their area of ??expertise based on the results of information and data analysis.
3. Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of developing or implementing legal science and technology that pays attention to and applies humanities values ??following their field of expertise.
1. Able to formulate the concept of solving problems or legal cases through the application of the juridical thinking method based on theoretical knowledge of sources, principles, principles, and legal norms from various fields of positive law in Indonesia, which is the basic skill for carrying out the legal profession.
2. Able to formulate ideas logically, critically, and argumentatively in the field of positive law in Indonesia and communicate them orally and/or in writing, especially within the academic community following academic ethics.
3. Able to be ethical, fair, law-abiding, sensitive, and caring for the social environment in designing and implementing laws.